kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
The adjusted time after the 2019 changes would be about 8:00 for the F87 on the new track layout, that was 7:38 for the G87, from times I have seen between the PSS and PS4S, it is more like 1.5 secs in a 2 minutes lap, perhaps adjusting the F87 to 7:56.

From the addition of front camber and 305 tyres on the Jackie Ding time attack car and based on his previous F87 experience, he sees a lot more potential in the G87 chassis. The CLAR G87 chassis amongst all other factors is just much stiffer than the F87 chassis, not something that can be easily compensated for. BMW quotes about 25% better torsional rigidity in G-series cars than F-series cars, besides any improvement in the suspension pickup point locations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2siast View Post
Oh pardon my lack of clarity too! I didn’t understand you said the F87 was “quicker” than the G87.
I meant you said the F87 would’ve been quicker than the F87 if it had run the same Nordschleife track the G87 did (which is longer, and adds about 8 seconds to the old time).
I was being facetious because you seemed to have implied “discounting the difference in track length the difference could be even smaller”, (paraphrased) where the truth is if the tracks were the same the difference would be LARGER. Get it?
I got the last bit confused, because Nordschleife times also got faster by a few seconds due to the new patch (compared to pre-2018.)

In that case, I think it is more appropriate to discuss the 13 sec difference.