Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Yea, It's a "sports cars" which more than 50% of its buyers will get it in an automatic to play with paddle shifters like they are operating a Gameboy, while on their way to pick up their kids or get groceries..

If one is looking for a proper sports car, there are endless options out there to choose from that can better scratch that inch. As far as I see, this is just a souped-up 2 Series that can still be had in a manual - BMW's one and only saving grace..

I, for one, welcome the new iDrive 8 technology, where the display is now rich in color saturation and contrast and word on the street is it mimics Tesla's interface, where a lot of the APPs are native to the system, such as Spotify or HBO Max, which can operate independently without being tethered to a cell phone. Cool stuff..
Poochie,

Are you getting the new M2?
That's the plan, God willing and contingent on the MSRP not exceeding roughly 62k..

There is no way I'm paying a markup on a depreciating asset or if my car note plus insurance exceeds my monthly mortgage payment.. That's what they call "hood rich" in my neck of the woods..

If all the stars doesn't align in my favor, I'll wait it out until the market settles back down and I could possibly snag a discount to bring it back under 60k.
Appreciate 1