Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDemma View Post
I

"Is it the big screen that counts? I'm personally convinced that these black glass surfaces in the car interiors are… we will leave that behind, sooner or later," he said during a recent roundtable webinar with fellow interior designers from Polestar and Pininfarina.
Junghanns went on to say that the intelligence of car systems will reach a point where they can provide all the tech, information, and functionality you need but with displays that only appear when needed.
That's just one abstract manufacturer's speculation, not based on facts. He doesn't speak for the entire automotive industry or consumer demand.

LCD screens are not going anywhere, if anything, they are expanding and becoming more complacent, as the hardware and processors are scaled down in overall cost, as the technology evolves.

Trust me, even refrigerators and washing machines now come with a LCD displays attached.. The demand is still high and that is weighted heavily in manufactures decision to continuing offering and expanding on them, thus, LCD screens on everything is just going to become a fact of life.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0