Thread: Idrive 8 vs 8.5
View Single Post
      02-20-2024, 02:13 AM   #15
dy444
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i xDrive

Each to their own but I'm not sure this is worth getting too worked up about. I've been living with iDrive 8 for nearly 8 months now and overall I'd say it is pretty good. Yes I have some gripes with it and there are things I'd change if I was in charge, but I don't drive around thinking this car is lacking because of it. Quite the reverse. The last software update even fixed one of my gripes which I don't recall ever having happened before. I have no idea if 8.5 or 9 will better, sometimes BMW's idea of an improvement isn't my idea of one. I didn't know 9 had a smaller screen, that seems a retrograde step on the face of it.

These cars are excellent imo, and almost all of the reasons I think that are related to things that are independent of the iDrive version.
G42 M240i xDrive. Brooklyn Grey, 19" Bicolour Double-spoke style 893 M alloy wheels with performance tyres, Technology Plus Pack, M Adaptive Suspension, Harman/Kardon Surround Sound Audio System, Heated Steering Wheel, Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim
Appreciate 2