03-17-2022, 08:25 AM   #50
Jack@AUTOID
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, G42 M240i, F87 M2, E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speed_M2 View Post
This is a beautiful car!

I think in comparison we should look at the same model, i.e. 240i vs 240i.

In my opinion this gen 240i is miles nicer & more beautiful than the last gen (as it should be) & it's not even close. The rear end made a big improvement & the front is mesmerizing.

This is coming from a M2 owner & a previous 135i owner. Can't wait to see what the next gen M2 has in store
We have a comparison like this in the works! Will definitely interesting to compare.

This car feels really different to the F22. It's more composed and feels like more solid machine - also heavier. The dynamics are more in line with a 3 series than a 1 series, thats to be expected given they share the same chassis. The front end is so sharp though, really enjoyable to throw into a corner. The xDrive configuration is done great - it feels safe but pushes into oversteer when provoked. The interior is a huge step on in every category, especially build quality.

The B58 is just as strong as it was in the previous M240i. Its a much better engine than the N55 in the M235i / M135i. Its got an upgraded fuel pump (TU), which is the same as in the A90 Supra. They've been tuned to 600bhp with out any additional cooling requirements, after that you can up-rate the heat exchanger for around £500. Works excellent with the ZF8. The gearbox itself has a new software this time around too which seems to add a "crack" when changing up in sports plus, its really satisfying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddog View Post
Getting back on point, check out his latest.
Thanks for sharing! Hope you're enjoying.

Currently Driving: '23 G87 M2, '22 BMW M240i xDrive, '18 F87 M2, '98 E36 318is

@AUTOID | WWW.AUTOID.CO | SALES@AUTOID.CO
Appreciate 2
6speed_M23646.50
Beemer89154.00