03-17-2022, 09:15 AM   #51
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i x Mercedes CLS550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack@AUTOID View Post
We have a comparison like this in the works! Will definitely interesting to compare.

This car feels really different to the F22. It's more composed and feels like more solid machine - also heavier. The dynamics are more in line with a 3 series than a 1 series, thats to be expected given they share the same chassis. The front end is so sharp though, really enjoyable to throw into a corner. The xDrive configuration is done great - it feels safe but pushes into oversteer when provoked. The interior is a huge step on in every category, especially build quality.

The B58 is just as strong as it was in the previous M240i. Its a much better engine than the N55 in the M235i / M135i. Its got an upgraded fuel pump (TU), which is the same as in the A90 Supra. They've been tuned to 600bhp with out any additional cooling requirements, after that you can up-rate the heat exchanger for around £500. Works excellent with the ZF8. The gearbox itself has a new software this time around too which seems to add a "crack" when changing up in sports plus, its really satisfying.

Thanks for sharing! Hope you're enjoying.
I enjoyed your video! I was a little nervous about doing the paddle shifter install with the wheel still on. However you showed how easy it really is and just making sure you don't loose the spring is the only worry. Need to order some soon!

Thanks! Looking forward to your content and products!
'22 M240i BSM, Shadowline, Black 791M wheels, Red Calipers, ///M Carbon Front Lip, ///M Carbon Spoiler, ///MCarbon Door Sills, Milltek Catback w/Black Tips, Dinan Carbon Intake/Engine Cover, AA Catted DP, Dalher Valve Controller, OEM+ Strut Bar, Red Start/Stop, Floating center caps, TLG Mud Flaps, Black Badges, Led Projectors, 50th Emblems, Carbon Diffuser/Mirrors w/smoke signals/Side Wings/Cooling Shroud/KIES fire extinguisher, Yellow DRL
Appreciate 0