Autobahn SoCal
BMW CCA - ///M Chapter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 (G87)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax30za View Post
So I picked up my new M240i last week. Drove it 6km to a detailing shop to get a full PPF done and picked up the car yesterday again. The detailing shop phoned me the day they got the car and said there were dents on the boot spoiler, but I wasn't quite sure what they were talking about because the car looked perfect when I picked it up.

This morning after have a good look in the sunlight for the first time, you can clearly see the dents are underneath where the OEM spoiler would have been. The new Carbon spoiler now fitted sits further back and has exposed these dents.

Has anyone else who has done a similar modification seen these kind of dents and managed to get them fixed by BMW?

This first picture is from a video I took of the car when I dropped it off at the detailing shop. The second one is a pic with the new spoiler fitted.
Also, this isn't sitting flush with the top lip it's too low. They need to reinstall better. Is this OEM BMW performance part? If it's too low there's a chance the adhesive or 3M tape won't hold that long as there's not enough surface area to hold to.
Appreciate 0