View Single Post
      03-20-2023, 01:31 PM   #158
CodeSlinger
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '17 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosoar View Post
Who cares that it is not surprising? It is a disappointment that these cars are as heavy as they are, first off, but the point was how can the smaller M2 be only 16lbs lighter than the bigger M4 in the new G generation, that's all. I am not at all sure the point you're making...other than my point. Don't know why you're frustrated about where this idea came from. IMO, a smaller car should be lighter than its bigger sister car...that's where that idea came from; it is smaller. And, I find it a shame it isn't any lighter. The fact that you accept it is okay, but I find it disappointing...that's all.
Lol, I'm not sure why you dug up my original response to you from 2 months ago and responded now but I was responding to your incredulous comment that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosoar View Post
how is that new M2 almost as heavy as an M4...whaaaat?
with the data that the M2 has always been roughly the same weight as the m4. It's been a common refrain I've seen from people complaining that the new m2 is the same weight as the new m4 which I find hypocritical considering the smaller m2 has never been a lighter car in comparison. When making a "baby m4" they are also making it cheaper which is often has the opposite effect of making a car heavier, due to using cheaper materials.

TBH it's a little annoying that I responded to your original comments with a detailed comparison and cited my sourced and you just responded after 2 months with a non-sensical "For the new G Generation M2 and M4" comment which didn't make any sense as a response to my comment
'17 Macan GTS + '23 M2 (MT)
Appreciate 0