07-23-2022, 12:40 PM   #57
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
G80/F90 xDrive can be turned off with the press of a button so the cars drive exactly like any other RWD BMW (except for the small weight penalty). It’s literally the best of both worlds. Most other brands make you buy two cars.

It’s a myth that BMW M cars are constant in any other way than the general design brief of a daily usable performance car based on the standard Series cars. M cars have always used whatever designs and technologies best help them achieve the described brief. I4, I6, V8, turbos. Manual, SMG, DCT, auto. RWD, toggle-able AWD. 2-door, 4-door, convertible, wagon.

Everyone just wants more of the same from the most recent generation since that’s what they got used to and liked and maybe even aspired to for the past 5 or so years.
I don't want to be carrying around a heavy ass AWD system at all times whether it's switched on or not.

I'd imagine this car will already be sitting around ~3800 lbs as is. An AWD variant M2 would tip 4000 lbs, that would be the definition of contradictory.
Appreciate 0