Quote:
Originally Posted by m3number86 View Post
Whens the emira delivery?
They say December, so maybe by March?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Civic ⁉️

Hilarious 😂 😷 🤣
I really mean it. There's just an inherent contradiction to me between a torque converter and a performance car. I understand it's not a common opinion or that it bothers others to a lesser degree, but I would really rather daily an SI or R than an M2 auto, not joking one bit. Maybe a WRX GT would be a better example? I'd rather daily a non-luxury mark with a manual generally than a luxury/sport torque converter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2PDX View Post
I love manuals. But...

Oh my....

The build quality and local service on my M5 has left me with zero brand loyalty. It's fast. The ride is good. The interior design is nice without being over the top. The AWD system is phenomenally good. The automatic is good for an automatic, but it just isn't there in terms of engagement or theater. It overrides you on down shifts. There's a delay on paddle response. Launch control requires putting it in manual mode for it to shift automatically. It does change gears noticeably faster than a manual on the single gear upshifts (but everything does these days). On the other extreme, the M-tuning doesn't have an eco+ mode to "clutch" and coast down long hills while traveling the way my wife's non-M does. I think smoothing out a DCT compatible with AWD would be a much better overall solution.

If they made an M5 that I could truly drive 4 seasons AND have a manual I'd keep it forever and pay someone outside BMW to take it apart and fix all the rattles that my local dealer can't or won't... In that respect it's the worst car I've ever owned. The surprise that paying for "full leather" didn't even include the full door card, or that mine was the year they decided that carplay was actually a subscription service, or that they had quietly removed passenger dimming mirrors in the US after around 2017 at any price/package, were just cherries on top of endless rattles. So yeah, all in all I really did choose engagement first including transmission after being severely disappointed by choosing largely by brand. I previously might've been scared off by the prospect of something like endless rattles buying something like a Lotus, but I spent $126k on a new Bimmer and I've had it to the dealer 4 times for rattles and it's still so incredibly annoying... The current one sounds like the 3rd brake light and it's so rattly the factory exhaust noise is enough to get a continuous buzz going on startup.
Appreciate 0