View Single Post
      07-26-2021, 06:08 PM   #366
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
They have! That temperamental nature is what put Porsche on the map for me. When I left Honda in 2000/2001, the BMW M3 was the end all, be all for me. I didn't even recognize Porsche at the time. Fast forward to BMW M drivers always tossing the Porsche 996 into the mix, and I became curious/intrigued. I liked it…..I kinda wanted it, but I knew I couldn't afford it. Then later on it was the 997. I liked that car even more, but still couldn't afford it. Then the 991 hit the scene and finally there was a Porsche that I really wanted. I ran the numbers, but I couldn't make the jump comfortably. I drooled….and lusted after the 991…….but then the 992 hit the scene and I was in love. I mean, Margot Robbie in love!!!!! Then the market went nuts, the pandemic caused chip shortages, the 992 could be had with a delay AND I sold my M4 that netted me a significant chunk of equity in my pocket; it was the perfect storm. That perfect storm allowed for a $50k down payment that made the 992 a reality. Absent that storm, I would be in a G82 right now.
Man I would love to buy a Porsche but they are not as fast as the M3 even up to 120K that I can see. You have to start getting to 175K to get close to the same horsepower. Of course I freely admit I have no idea what I’m talking about when it comes to Porsche so maybe lower horsepower is faster but I don’t know. I’ve always loved how they look but I also love how the G80 looks. If I were to dump BMW and go to Porsche I wouldn’t mind spending 20% more money but I would expect 20% more power. I can’t get that can I?
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25079.00