Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
They have! That temperamental nature is what put Porsche on the map for me. When I left Honda in 2000/2001, the BMW M3 was the end all, be all for me. I didn't even recognize Porsche at the time. Fast forward to BMW M drivers always tossing the Porsche 996 into the mix, and I became curious/intrigued. I liked it…..I kinda wanted it, but I knew I couldn't afford it. Then later on it was the 997. I liked that car even more, but still couldn't afford it. Then the 991 hit the scene and finally there was a Porsche that I really wanted. I ran the numbers, but I couldn't make the jump comfortably. I drooled….and lusted after the 991…….but then the 992 hit the scene and I was in love. I mean, Margot Robbie in love!!!!! Then the market went nuts, the pandemic caused chip shortages, the 992 could be had with a delay AND I sold my M4 that netted me a significant chunk of equity in my pocket; it was the perfect storm. That perfect storm allowed for a $50k down payment that made the 992 a reality. Absent that storm, I would be in a G82 right now.
Man I would love to buy a Porsche but they are not as fast as the M3 even up to 120K that I can see. You have to start getting to 175K to get close to the same horsepower. Of course I freely admit I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to Porsche so maybe lower horsepower is faster but I don't know. I've always loved how they look but I also love how the G80 looks. If I were to dump BMW and go to Porsche I wouldn't mind spending 20% more money but I would expect 20% more power. I can't get that can I?
Well the G8X and the Carrera S are fairly close in a straight line, but it's on the track where you'll have the advantage in the Porsche. The 992 Turbo is bonkers fast; like….faaaaaaaassssttt…….but it's also $250k+ in real time.

I think most people who play in the realm of "lower end" Porsches understand you can get more for your money with an M3. I think outright speed takes a back seat to everything else when you start driving the Porsches. I didn't "get it" until I test drove a few 991's and a 992 after deciding to cancel my G82 and get the 992 C2S. Immediately it felt special, and I was only sampling base Carrera's. It literally feels like you're driving a high end go kart and the inputs are cerebral. That's the best way for me to describe how the car reacts to you. I've become so accustomed to how it feels to drive BMW M's that moving to the Porsche will require some adjustment time before I'm comfortable. I can't imagine what the experience will be like once mine arrives and I log significant seat time. I'll be making a thread about it too.
Appreciate 1
JTO245274.50