Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
This depends on the state. There are now a dozen or so states (referenced in the link I posted) where BMWFS can no longer sell the leased car directly to the lessee. The lessee must go through a dealer. A number of states sued BMWFS claiming they were acting as a dealer in violation of state dealership laws.
The auto dealers in certain states have a strong lobbying presence and the legislatures there gave them a present. 👎🏻

In Florida several dealers were caught trying to ripoff customers with outrageous fees when the residual payoff plus sales tax and state docs (title & plates) is all you should be paying. Do a Google search and you will see both TV and newspaper reports busting those dealers! 😉

BMW of Ft. Lauderdale where I did the buyout on my wife’s 228i is one of the good guys and doesn’t play any of these junk fee games and it was a straightforward transaction. They also didn’t play the ADM game which is total BS during the pandemic which is why I really love doing business with them! 👍🏻
Appreciate 0