Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm3910 View Post
For the Philly / Central Jersey area:

The Good
Open Road BMW in Edison NJ - refundable deposit until production starts, no markups, all put on paper. CA I spoke has been pretty solid at keeping lines of communication open

Otto's BMW - Same story as above. No markups, refundable deposit until production. CA was pretty solid here as well

The "meh"

BMW of the Main Line - I was told there would be no ADM, but I have nothing in writing, no purchase order or contract drawn up, nor would they do that this early in the game. CA was pretty terrible in terms of communication and I had to hound them with follow ups making sure they got my build code when I sent it over. On the plus side, i guess, there was no deposit requirement. I don't think these guys move too many M models so I really don't have much hope, but I'm apparently #1 on the list here.
Re: "there would be no ADM"; personal experience on this one. They may have changed their position on this since then. I put in my deposit and agreed to a 5k ADM. I, in good faith, tried to negotiate it down but I think there is so much demand for the car that they can't budge. No matter, still want the car and if 20k ADMs are true, I understand. If I wasn't in a positive equity situation on my G80 I'd probably feel different.

Side note - wonder if we talked on the phone a few days ago during that #1 #2 mixup! Can't tell if it's you or if there are 3 people who've now been first on the list
Appreciate 0