VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
Except the new BRZ has a great looking rear end and this.....does not.

I don't doubt at all that this probably drives better than the F22. Everyone I know who owned an E82 135i and moved up to F22 M235i (or F30 340i like I did) immediately regretted the 'upgrade' and we couldn't wait to get rid of those newer cars. The latest G cars feel pretty great in both everyday driving and more spirited conditions. My one main gripe against G series non-M cars is the steering feel which is definitely better than equivalent F chassis vehicles.
This is very true. Having owned the 1M and M2C and driven many E82/E90 and F22/F30's I can say that the new ones were an overall improvement, but the steering wheel feedback on the F series is crap and the front end feel is horribly worse (especially with big wheels and low sidewall tires), slightly better on the M cars but still not that great.
With the G series, both non-M and M cars, the improvement in steering feel is huge, you can finally feel again what is going on under the front wheels, exactly what I missed the most on my M2C.
After driving the new M3 G80 (such a fantastic car...), I am very confident that the new M2 will be great.
Appreciate 1
02M3ForMe4264.50