Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMat135 View Post
VW seem to more Canadian friendly with their pricing than Bmw.
Absolutely. The R is nearly the same price in CAD and USD. Poutine and Tim Horton crowd is getting a 20% discount.
It's a shame they fucked up the HVAC/infotainment/drive mode controls..
It is. I've still got a blue manual one coming in.
I've been very tempted to get one as they perform quite well for track days (lower weight helps a ton) + I could load the dogs in the back witch is a no go in the 3 series but they came to be available too late.

I do own a 2021 Atlas Cross Sport that has physical HVAC controls and I find the infotainment controls already way more distracting and dangerous vs the BMW.

I was hoping maybe vw falls back to physical because of all the complaints but I honestly doubt it, I don't see there products the same way as before, I loved my past Tiguan and Touareg but now it's all "how can we build cars Americans will find semi-premium for the cheapest cost possible" The R built in Germany is really the last of its kind..
I've had a couple of Mk7 GTI's, the first with a smaller screen with physical buttons. I was worried about the second with only a touch screen, but it works great.

I know the Mk8 and ID4 have issues, but I'm hoping it's not as bad as people who are just in and out of many different cars all day find it to be. The over the air updates have been having small improvements so far.

Or it could all just suck. We'll see.
Appreciate 1
PLF693768.50