View Single Post
      09-12-2021, 03:16 PM   #275
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

I do expect them to race smarter in the future. But I do expect tensions to remain high, and each race there will always be someone more willing to take risks than the other.

I think at Silverstone HAM knew that he had to get ahead of VER given how the redbull just walked away with it at the sprint. HAM really was not backing down at home and in a way was desperate for the win, especially with being back in the points by quite a bit. In his mind he had to make that move then and there or VER was walking away with it again.

Today I feel like VER was frustrated with having to follow RIC, then frustrated by the long pit, and frustrated HAM then was right there at turn 1. I think his frustration culminated in a "no f's given" moment where he clearly risked a lot going for it at that moment in turn 2. I think VER in this moment felt like HAM at Silverstone, and just had to go for it, a judgement call clouded by his frustration.

In the end I feel like both were racing incidents. HAM a bit more to blame previously and VER a bit more today.
Appreciate 2