heelsmj
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240 Xdrive Retired M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudEng View Post
Hey all,

Apologies if I'm beating a dead horse, I recently placed an order for an M240i which just hit status code 150 last week so I can't make any changes. After reading many threads I am beginning to feel like I made a mistake not getting the ZTK package. Initially after watching many reviews on the car, I ultimately wrote it off since Alex on Autos said it wasn't worth it and to just get the wider front tires down the line and at 59k, I feel that is incredibly close to M2 territory. I do plan on occasional track days, but nothing hardcore. I've seen many users complaining about the brake feel for even street use on the standard M-Sport brakes. One user also reported that the 2023 brakes feel much better than their 2022 (both did not have ZTK), so I am hoping that I don't have much to worry about.

Has anyone gotten the M Performance brakes and think its worth it? I feel it is a bit of a poor value, but if it improves the brake feel I may consider it. I'm sure regardless the car will be a blast and I am perhaps overthinking, just looking to get some thoughts on this since there has been so much talk surrounding the brakes.

Thanks all!
To clarify the only additions you get in the US with the ZTK package are the different rims and Michellen pilot 4S tires and those small fender flares. All US spec cars come with the bigger brakes and the additional oil cooler. I wouldn’t beat yourself up to much you can always change your rims and tires if you want.
Appreciate 0