08-26-2022, 09:25 PM   #62
ponylover52
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyfontaine View Post
Ha. I did something very similar to this. Dealer thats 4 hours away gave me a good trade in value over the phone for my car. Then they spend 30 mins with the car when I show up, say it's the same number. Then they say they just talked to the dealer in their network for this brand (base porsche macan), they tell me it's actually about $5k less than they told me. Yea, I was fuming. I ended up insulting them to an extra $1k plus got $1k off the 4 year service plan (came down to like $1200, worth it for the brakes at that $$) but it just sucked... It was for an M240i, and after calling about 25 dealers that week, there were just none on lots. This car was the literal perfect spec (minus ACC but few 240s have that) plus I stopped to see iDrive 8 in person and i HATED it, so I basically had to get semi raked over the coals to get this.. They had 2 more local appointments for the car that afternoon, so if I asked to sleep on it, I'd have lost it.

At the end of the day, the offer for my car wasn't actually terrible, it's just the lack of transparency and letting me drive 4 hours without doing due diligence that annoys me. I'll just chalk it as a $3k markup since they sold me the car at MSRP. Plus, the guy keeps calling me to fill out the BMW survey and give him 10's... I think the fairest thing I can do is just not touch the survey since I will not have nice things to say.

Oh, I absolutely love the car tho
No be honest and rate them or they'll never stop the BS. Absolutely dreading pickup of my first BMW and negotiating my final trade. They've only appraised it over the phone so far but lets say its thousands off from other dealers, carmax and so on.
Appreciate 0