03-26-2024, 12:44 PM   #11
AZG87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87, 2018 Mustang GT traded in

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2siast View Post
I mostly use MDM because it is like TC 4-7. The 4 I think is when you’re straight, and maybe it tones it down to 7 going sideways to keep it somewhat in check. And the stability control will be there even if more permissive. With TC off you may spin out more easily.

Check it out and let us know, I myself haven’t really played with TC off too too much (except in snow) because I don’t normally do burnouts and MDM has been enough for controlled drifts on surface streets (anything you can do before the cops arrest you). Curious what you find out when you test it to compare.
So tested mdm this morning instead of normal tc setting. I will say it feels like there is less control of the vehicle. Specifically, less predictable in that you cannot really kick the rear out or have that predictable slip when needed / wanted. Not quite like driving in sand but it definitely dulled down the experience a bit. I could see it more handy in adverse weather but at that point could just switch out of m modes all together.

Switching back to tc 4 regained the familiar predictability of the slip and kick out when needed. For testing, I then switched down to tc 3. No significant observations thus far but will keep my m2 button set with 3 for further testing to see if I just need to drive it more or if from 4 to 3 is too incremental to notice.
Appreciate 1
M2siast5949.00