02-28-2024, 10:21 AM   #25
jakek66
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 M440i GC / '23 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOW_G42 View Post
In my opinion idrive 8 is better 8.5 has some cool features yes but i dont like the general layout i dont like how map is always there or you can have live vehicle show up or weather and music i personally prefer my idirve 8

I have a 23 M240I ID8
and my dad has a 24 X7 ID8.5

I can make a video on it later comparing both if you guys want more details but i think even YouTube will show you the main differences
Yeah I have cars with 7 / 8 and 8.5. 8.5 has a better climate system, fixed my gripe with the heated seats on the 8 always being on screen. 8 though is better for a home screen perspective the tiles are better. 7 is the easiest to use, still will go down as the best I've ever used, but the screen size is smaller on most models and looks less impressive.

Overall all have pros and cons. I think the 8 WILL be updated at some point with some 8.5 features. BMW updates 7 still, 8 is still being sold on new cars so it won't be forgotten yet.

Funny thing about that leather wheel cover comment, I was thinking of waiting for a 2025MY 3 or 4 series to order but that alone is making me consider just getting a 2024.
Appreciate 0