04-28-2024, 12:51 PM   #54
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endz24 View Post
I realize they're called 'stealerships' for a reason, but I had such a poor experience with Motorwerks recently. I'll just copy and paste my initial email to the GM so I don't have to retype the whole scenario.

-----

I purchased a 2024 M2 in late October of last year from you guys. My 2nd car purchased from your dealership in 3 years. Within a week, I had the car back in so that winter tires could be put on the stock rims. The tech placed the Michelin PS4S tires into the tire carriers and I transported them home to be stored for the winter. Fewer than 100 miles on the tires and 100% tread remaining.

Fast forward to Friday. I took the car to Imola Motorsports in Plymouth to have the Michelin tires mounted on new Vossen wheels for summer, along with some other things. The tech called me and stated that there was a bulge in the front right tire sidewall and he would recommend replacing the tire. He sent me a photo.

I contacted your dealership to start a warranty claim with Michelin. I believe I spoke to Todd(?) - head of tire sales - "27 years of experience." I relayed the above, sent the photo, and reiterated that I did not hit a pothole in the 3-5 days I had the car, and that nothing was mentioned to me when the tires were removed by his dealership. He told me it was clear impact damage and that "he was just a middleman." Despite being a "middleman," he was unwilling to submit a claim on my behalf, as that risks the dealership of having to "cover the cost."

What can't be conveyed in this email is the manner in which I was spoken to. As if I was a scammer trying to get a free tire. When I told him I wouldn't be bringing my car back to the dealership for any service or buying another car there in the future, he obviously couldn't have cared less.

-----

This was 2 weeks ago and I got no response from the GM. Just sent him another 'followup' email:

-----

I haven't heard back from you, so I just wanted to circle back to this email from a couple of weeks ago. I'll take your lack of response as confirmation of the type of dealership I was dealing with.

To me, whether there was an acceptable resolution to be reached from my perspective is irrelevant. To not even reach out to address the situation and let a customer who has purchased multiple vehicles walk away from your business is absurd, especially considering there is another BMW dealership locally and other high-end shops for maintenance. Clearly you feel differently.

This isn't the first time I've had a poor experience at your store, just the first time I've been vocal about it. Friends and neighbors seem to concur. I'm also an active BMW forum member and have relayed the situation as well.

Again, feel free to reach out if there's anything you'd care to address.

-----

Basically, am I insane? Is this not a ridiculous stance for them to maintain? We're talking about a tire (with a clear manufacturing defect at that)! The cherry on top is really the no followup from the guy. Am I being unreasonable?
It is reasonable to at least expect a reply from the GM. I typically don't have much luck trying to sort stuff like this out over email so I would go into Motorwerks to talk with the GM, with your receipt from the tire swap last fall, and have the damaged tire in the car in case someone wants to see it. They probably aren't piecing together the details you know and just thinking "car was sold last year and it's been driven"......

Can your sales person advocate for you as well? I don't know. I used to only go to Minnetonka but I soured on them because a couple weird experiences and have now converted to Motorwerks. The people I've worked with there since being a customer have all been great.

I also go to Imola for some of my service needs. A little pricey for some things but they always take good care of me.