View Single Post
      08-02-2022, 09:09 AM   #61
donnyfontaine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahfoofnik View Post
Found a 230i which was marked up $2k over MSRP -- ended up working with sales & helped me receive a $1,500 discount, so drive 450+ miles one way to Tennessee to pick up my '22 230i. Couldn't pass up the trade-in value I got at the time that made the purchase possible.

It was either 450 miles each way to pick up the 230i or pay even more to buy the model I wanted with the options I wanted on either coast -- feel lucky to be able to own what I wanted at the (hopefully right?) time for maximum trade value.

Wasn't a fan of the markup but in the end, could live with $500 bucks over.
Ha. I did something very similar to this. Dealer thats 4 hours away gave me a good trade in value over the phone for my car. Then they spend 30 mins with the car when I show up, say it's the same number. Then they say they just talked to the dealer in their network for this brand (base porsche macan), they tell me it's actually about $5k less than they told me. Yea, I was fuming. I ended up insulting them to an extra $1k plus got $1k off the 4 year service plan (came down to like $1200, worth it for the brakes at that $$) but it just sucked... It was for an M240i, and after calling about 25 dealers that week, there were just none on lots. This car was the literal perfect spec (minus ACC but few 240s have that) plus I stopped to see iDrive 8 in person and i HATED it, so I basically had to get semi raked over the coals to get this.. They had 2 more local appointments for the car that afternoon, so if I asked to sleep on it, I'd have lost it.

At the end of the day, the offer for my car wasn't actually terrible, it's just the lack of transparency and letting me drive 4 hours without doing due diligence that annoys me. I'll just chalk it as a $3k markup since they sold me the car at MSRP. Plus, the guy keeps calling me to fill out the BMW survey and give him 10's... I think the fairest thing I can do is just not touch the survey since I will not have nice things to say.

Oh, I absolutely love the car tho
Appreciate 0