View Single Post
      09-11-2022, 11:28 AM   #7
meyer1son
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliscip View Post
Beautiful. Not much out there yet about the RWD 240 driving experience. How are you liking it so far?

Also, once you spend some time with it, has idrive8 been pretty solid in your experience?

Lastly, if you didn't opt for the upgraded HK audio system is the base one as bad as some make it out to be?
This is the first car I have ever had that is performance oriented. So nothing to compare to. But it does drive very nice, seems if will be very fast. The handling is very sharp and responsive. Will know much more after break-in

I did have a 2019 330i with idrive 7. I thought it was a very nice compliment to the car. Idrive 8 seems totally overkill to me. Yes the screen on idrive 8 is really gorgeous and large. But what is the benefit? Maybe for navigation? It's not like your watching movies on it lol It's nothing where I say wow this is so cutting edge. Just a larger screen, with more steps involved with removal of hard buttons. If you don't use personal assistant. My parking assist is buggy as hell.It has only worked 2 of say 20 attempts. Will be going to dealership tomorrow.

Last but not least. The basics sound system. Sounds way better than it did in my 19. So I am very happy.
Appreciate 0