01-31-2024, 08:42 PM   #47
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe7565 View Post
I have been with USAA for about 30 years. In the last 5-6 years they went to hell. I am paying now in 2024 for car liability at the same rate as was paying for full coverage for my used 2012 328i. Back in 2013 the car was worth $28K and now worth about $4-6K. No accidents, ever. And I am using the USAA driver discount app that monitors me even when I fart.

USAA broadened the circle of eligible members from officer to enlisted. This increased a bit the risk profile, but not that much. If you are active duty or civil service, you are more disciplined than an average civilian...and Uncle Sam has you by the balls, so people behave. Then recently they opened up elbiblity to the second uncle's third cousin's neighbor's daughter, which introduced a huge amount of risk profiles...which IMHO contributed vastly to the skyrocketing rates.

I called USAA why the skyrocketing rates, and they said my ZIP code, but would not elaborate. My area near DC has been populated by the 2008-2016 White House admin with uninsured motorists, foreign drivers that got their home country permits under the table so they never learned to drive, etc. The traffic now reminds me of Manila or Riyadh, third world chaos and undiscipline rules.

That a-hole running USAA is a pinhead clerk who rose in the ranks of USAA. The first ever non-military. He ruined (allowed to ruin) the one of a kind customer service climate USAA was so well known for. I found my mortgage in 2015 near 3/4% lower than USAA from another company, so said screw USAA. My USAA home insurance went up from $200/year to [...]
As I understand it they're all segregated in different pools. Servicemen separate from their dependents who later on carry coverage.

I gave up USAA years ago

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 1
fe7565552.50