View Single Post
      12-04-2023, 05:12 PM   #7
Littlecoupe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

For anyone tackling this, those metal V-shaped clips like the one at the bottom of the C pillar photo (4th photo), those can be little jerks. I took off the A pillar cover probably about 8 times in my F22 trying to fix a noise and that clip was my nemesis.

The issue was that the pillar (in the F22) was god-awful to line up when reinstalling. If you feel the need to hammer on the panel with your fist to get that clip installed, DO NOT DO IT. Take a moment, re-adjust the panel, and when it lines up it should just pop in fairly easily. I my Hulk moment, I hammered on the panel with the palm of my hand and then heard the clip fall all the way down to who-knows-where. I was sick to my stomach. Also, pulling off that panel 8 or times eventually caused the clip holder on the pillar cover to break. You'll only get so many chances with this one, it does take a decent amount of force to unclip it from the body. Those white plastic clips as shown in other pictures, those come from the body mounting holes much easier.
Appreciate 3