Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 992 Carrera

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
Meh, maybe I'm the only one on the planet, but I have 0 interest in Porche. Incredible machines as they are, BMW M just does something for me.
That was me up until the fall of 2008 when I test drove the recently launched 2009 997.2. It was game over after that as I wanted a 911 ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewC1989 View Post
I think Porsches are great but they're not for everyone. I personally know several people who have made "the leap" from M to P (M2/M2C to cayman gts, gt4, 997) and have come back to BMW after a year or two. When I asked some of them why, the responses I got were along the lines of: "Porsches are too serious, BMWs are more light hearted" or "I rarely drove it because nothing fit in it", or "that car was too stiff and I wanted something softer for a daily driver".
Porsche's sport cars are definitely better suited as a 2nd, 3rd, 4th car and not as a daily driver.
I could easily see myself on my 911 as daily driver. The base 911, the Carrera S, and the Turbo models are all quite comfortable. Things get hairy for people desperate to get on a GT3. That's definitely not a daily driver.