Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv-cs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mcarfan View Post
You say that as if strong sales corelate to anything design/beauty of the car itself. This may be true years ago, no longer with today's brand buyers.
It can look absolutely horrid yet brand zealots will still fork over cash.

Stop equating strong sales to anything of substance. If you like a broadly hated design just say it. No need to use a meaningless argument to support it.
This. People underestimate the allure of having the new toy. The amount of people that bought the new M3 for all reasons BUT the design is outstanding.

Enthusiasts will dislike it. People looking to get into another new car or new to the brand will say they like it and existing f87 owners who truly don't like the design so far will say they'll keep their cars.

It's all subjective. For me, whether it was a comp or CS, I'm glad I have my f87 and I had an opportunity and thought about getting a g80 when my f80 M3 lease was up.

So on one hand you utter it's all subjective, which is an explicit statement about the variances between people's tastes, feelings, perspectives, etc….

….yet, prior to that, you make finite statements such as, "enthusiasts won't like it"…….and if we use ONLY this forum as a reference, plenty of enthusiasts like the G8X and have purchased them. What gives you the authority to label who is and who isn't an enthusiast?!?
Appreciate 1
WWM3956.50