11-16-2021, 09:33 PM   #22
yabo2c
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 m4 competition (soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightngsvt View Post
Excellent article!

It really costs the equivalent of $220,000 USD to purchase the M240i in Singapore!?!?!?! Here you could easily have a Porsche GT3 or Turbo, V12 760, a Maybach, various used Ferrari's, etc, I can't imagine spending that for an "entry-level" BMW!

I'm not trying to sound sarcastic, how does ordering an M240i related to getting an allocation for an M2? It's not like trying to buy a new Ferrari, I don't think the M2 will be that limited. I plan to get an M2 also, but just planned to put an order in when the time comes.

From my limited experience with ordering new cars, if you want first dibs on a brand new model that will be limited at launch it's always good to have already bought a car from that dealer. Like you said, the M2 won't be limited. Though with how supply chains are being constrained even more and more every day, getting a first allocation for an M2 is going to probably be a challenge. Having my M240i order and trading it towards the M2 when it comes has the potential to get me up in the list for it. Hope that helps or explains my logic!
Appreciate 1
mockngbrd803.00