Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyPickle View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Apologies ahead of time as I realize this question was most likely already covered but is there anyway on God's green earth they will offer the manual tranny w/ xdrive?

I'm not really hip on why it isn't offered with xdrive on the G80/G82 but I thought it had more to do with the higher output of the S58 in the competition trims, makes no sense to me why they can't couple manual transmissions with AWD.
No xDrive and most of us prefer it that way.
Thanks for the response. Guess I'm in the minority as far as being interested in a manual w/ xdrive (sorry if this offends any BMW RWD drive M car purists out there &#129315. Any technical reason BMW isn't doing it?
I think the two biggest reasons are price point and weight savings.

They also want to keep the M2 a car for the enthusiast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post
ID7 would be my preference.

Edit Re iDrive updates. If we look to the past, iDrive gets a fairly large overhaul every 3-4 years and sometimes an LCI is uninvolved.
Yeah I'm def not looking forward to buttonless HVAC/radio, etc. I think my Mazda CX50 nails a perfect balance between screen/physical controls, and I think BMW even had a good balance. It's good to hear they at least recognize it may have went overboard with screens. We'll see where that takes us.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Apologies ahead of time as I realize this question was most likely already covered but is there anyway on God's green earth they will offer the manual tranny w/ xdrive?

I'm not really hip on why it isn't offered with xdrive on the G80/G82 but I thought it had more to do with the higher output of the S58 in the competition trims, makes no sense to me why they can't couple manual transmissions with AWD.
No xDrive and most of us prefer it that way.
Thanks for the response. Guess I'm in the minority as far as being interested in a manual w/ xdrive (sorry if this offends any BMW RWD drive M car purists out there &#129315. Any technical reason BMW isn't doing it?
I think the two biggest reasons are price point and weight savings.

They also want to keep the M2 a car for the enthusiast.
Well, I too would not mind having a x-Drive MT M2. My current 18' LCI M2 is the 1st non-AWD car I have had since I bought a 95' Eclipse GSX, but I decided since I was keeping my 11' 335xi MT, I went ahead and got the M2. But I too had inquired about the possibility of an M2 x-Drive. In my inquiries I was told that the MT they use is only rated to about 473 HP. That is why in the M3 & M4, if I remember that discussion I had at the dealership, that the competitions on have AT. Like I said, I am not sure if I remember the the "473 HP" number correctly, but the logic is believable. I have read the G87 M2 Competition will be somewhere between 440 and 455 HP, which is why the MT will be available (hopefully that is true).