View Single Post
      03-22-2023, 08:24 AM   #5
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero21 View Post
Did you look at the 3D view? It has inch thick padding in all the necessary places. The factory carbon seats aren't exactly thrilling to sit in and are full of electric idiocy.

So my point here is weight savings and support for spirited drives/on-track. I don't envision myself living with something like this 24/7 long term but I do have some things I'd like to talk about regarding realistic options.

If I could buy the M4CSL manual buckets I would but of course no one will sell them including BMW. The electric carbon seats are an iffy proposition to me especially since you can't retro-fit them. But I want an OEM solution so something high-end won't kill the car from a "tuner" perspective.

I dont have to look at the 3D pictures, I have sat in them before. Those are glorified race seats, not something you want for an everyday driver (I wouldn't even use them for a weekend fun car). You are truly being mesmerized by every ounce to be cut. You can save qeight and still be comfortable and stylish with seats and if really trying to save weight, do a rear seat delete, cf hood and decklid (it wont take long till they are available), get real lightweight rims (not BMW rims). If you truly want to save weight, and sacrifice a bit of strength, you can go for carbon or magnesium rims.

With Recaro and Sparco seats, keep in mind it may take a good installer/fabricator to make sure the sensors work for the airbags and seat belts (especially if using the racing harnesses...which would require the rear bar or mounts installed).
Appreciate 1
zero213253.00