04-19-2024, 05:41 PM   #14
sigterm2.0
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58 _gran_coupe_ View Post
I picked up a DAW flowmax 2.5+ from Mike at extreme power hous on black Friday and a dorch ds25 at the same time.

You will make a clean and reliable 600+ whp which is more than enough for most people.
600+whp? ...how much +? Where does this turbo top out? I have been reading that the stock internals/bottom end can handle almost 700whp (depending on how well it's been maintained of course).

I'm looking for a target of 650-675whp... I want to max the stock bottom end. Was this 600+whp setup done without any additional fueling (i.e., port injection)?

Does this DAW turbo require any additional fabrication (i.e. modded downpipe, charge pipes, intake, aftermarket exhaust manifold)?

I would like to not have to modify any of that stuff as I have purchased some things already and don't want to toss them because different mounting location for the turbo.

EDIT---

...sorry I went to their website, as I should have in the first place... They answered all of my questions, except fueling.

Do we need port injection to hit the 650whp mark? Or would the Dorch 2.5 handle 650whp?

Last edited by sigterm2.0; 04-19-2024 at 05:51 PM..
Appreciate 0