G42Bama
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHI2PC View Post
Hey All -

Was curious as to what the board is seeing and or hearing as far as options that are getting pulled as a result of COVID supply chain craziness? My M240 build had a production date of 11/1/21 and, at the time of my order, it did not indicate that my Satellite/HD radio option would get deleted (I triple checked). However, now it is at the port waiting for transport and I have confirmed that the satellite/HD radio has been in fact deleted from my build due to supply chain issues (with a $350 credit; note that the car is pre-wired for satellite radio, which I guess means I can retrofit once there is some normalcy in the global supply chains). My car also has the passenger width/lumbar delete, but that was something that was listed on the original order, so no surprises there.

I do find it concerning though that some options seem to be "disappearing" on the fly. I also heard from my CA that touchscreens may not be available on later 2021 builds, but mine does have it. Interestingly enough, if you go to the BMWUSA website now and build a new M240, when you read the infotainment system description, there is now language at the bottom stating that some late 2021s may not have touchscreen. I am pretty sure that language wasn't there before.

Anyways, still very excited to receive the car, but wanted to see if anyone else has received any surprises during the build process. It is certainly frustrating, but it is the world we live in right now.

Cheers.
All I had removed was the passenger.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0