Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
To me the top looks better. But hey at the end of the day it's all subjective.
The iDrive 7 system looks better integrated but I would still prefer iDrive 8 over it because it's a grand evolution over the older technology.
it's de-evelution. It takes longer to change a setting, it's less safe, more finger prints on screen. It offers zero benefit. Or looks terrible as well but I could live with that if it had buttons to interact with the car.
I felt the same way going from a Nokia to an iPhone 4; like how am I suppose to type with no buttons! :

Humans can be intuitive and will adapt to the changing technology. After awhile, you'll get used to it, rendering this second nature. Capacitive Touch is the future, for better or worst.

I'm not a huge fan of its placement either but I could live with the aesthetical compromise.

Just to think, there was a period in time when someone thought this below was cutting-edge technology 😗 : Should we take a step backwards?

Sometimes touch screens just don't do the job better. With cell phones the down side of losing buttons was obviously outweighed by the larger touch screen and virtual buttons.

However I can't imagine Nintendo, Sony Playstation, and Microsoft Xbox releasing a new console with just touch screen controllers and no buttons because it's just a worse form of input relative to physical buttons.

Touch screens are just worse for some things. Imagine removing the steering wheel from the car for a touch screen display that's round (so high tech, round screen!). You could just slide your hand around it to tell the car how to turn. Or just tap virtual left and right arrows. Or get rid of touch screen controls and you could gesture with your hands or point. Just use voice controls and shout "left left left, straight, slight right, more, no left".

Why stop there though. We could replace your 6 speed with a touch screen where you tap the gear you want. Just don't miss a tap if you hit a bump and money shift.

Replace the gas, brake, and clutch pedal with a touch screen you use with your bare feat. No that's silly. Just operate the clutch pedal with foot gestures via camera that sees the movent of your foot. I dunno, maybe voice control is best here too. "clutch in, clutch out, clutch kick!! Full opposite lock left! No reduce steering angle, less throttle, more throttle, brake brake brake!"

But hey, at least you would be getting a a big technology upgrade right? Because screens are new, the more you have and the bigger they are the higher tech the car is. Buttons are old.
Appreciate 5
chrisk03153.00
Moflow2484.50
P111584.00
ESB1138.00