View Single Post
      01-02-2022, 02:25 PM   #936
Russell05
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Should I buy a 5 SERIES E ?

I currently own and drive a LAND ROVER FREELANDER - HSE AUTO 2.2 -it is all singing and dancing - it comes with a sports gearbox and has been a fantastic car - the leather in it is superb! The car comes with heated front seats, a leather heated steering wheel and SAT NAV - and a 20gb HARD DRIVE so I can save all my favourite albums. I am thinking of part - exchanging for a OUTLANDER PHEV but having test driven it I was disappointed with the quality.
It has a 30 mile electric range and a 2.0 litre engine - petrol. So I have moved onto the BMW 5 Series - E range - which also does 30 miles on the battery.

What I need to know is does the SE come with:
1. Heated seats
2. Heated steering wheel
3. HARD DRIVE for saving music and USB PORT?
4. Leather Seats

I know the trims are SE / M / M SPORT - my issue is the SE is cheaper than the M and M SPORT models but is the SE basic? My journey to work is a 16 mile round trip - so will the BMW cover 16 miles in electric - while I have on my music - heating etc? Is it nice to drive because having driven LAND ROVERS for 15 years - 3 in total - should I get a BMW 5 series - or just stick with my FREELANDER?

I am thinking of buying a 2018 model - I always buy 2nd hand cars - with low mileage though - under 25,000 MILES and there are plenty available. Another question I would want to ask is - the 2018 SE was 40,000 brand new and in 2022 it is down to 25,000 - why is that?

Many Thanks for any reply - but I am not a BMW owner and would like to what these cars are like - is really worth buying the BMW - M 5 SERIES or will the SE serve my needs!
Appreciate 0