View Single Post
      04-02-2023, 07:14 PM   #82
StickyPickle
Captain
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesThrottle View Post
Just to clarify, the gas tank was full when we received the car and over half a tank when I show that moment. The shot of the cluster being at a quarter tank was taken at the very end of the day. (B roll has to happen at a different time or you'll see cameras all over the cabin).

However, I will mention the fact that the clip syncs perfectly with my in-car impression of flooring it at 30mph suggests that power delivery in the vehicle is absolutely identical whether its at 75% fuelled (when you see me do it) or 25% (the shot of the cluster).

Also, do we really think an M car cuts power at a quarter tank? I find that hard to believe.
Seriously though, either you don’t know how to drive or something wasn’t right with that 6 speed (and I know you know how to drive). What you experienced made absolutely no sense, have you driven a 6 speed G80/82? The power delivery the across the band should be roughly the same and the gearing ratio is exactly the same. So far no other reviews have expressed any issue like you’ve expressed so far with the 6 speed. There’s just no way 20HP less with the same torque should perform that much worse.

Also, did you guys or any other reviewer put these cars on a scale? I’m guessing not since everyone is still quoting BMW press numbers but was curious since many of their cars weigh a little less than they advertise.

And no 0-60 times? What gives???
Appreciate 2
RoidRage1503.50
02M3ForMe4269.00