Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW B58

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb123 View Post
The steering feels a little heavy to me, but i'm not experiencing any on-center issues that i'm aware of. I'm sure different tires and sizes make a difference
I test drove a M240i and did not experience any steering issues like they mention in the review. I felt the steering (in sport) was tighter than my 330i.

On center my 330i has a kind of numbness to it but I got use to that in a day and now it is never anything I even notice or think about.

The comment about the car drifting off the road if you are not paying attention is misguided. I can take my hands completely off the wheel of my 330i and the car will travel in a straight line for as long as any other car will and again I thought the steering in the M240i was better.

I’ve seen most reviews and no one else felt the steering was a “deal breaker”. Nor did I when I test-drove the car.

Bob
To be fair though. Steering on the G20 is IMO significantly worse than on the F30. It feels completely disconnected from the road, light, with more dead on center. The G20 has less body roll, though.
Appreciate 1