View Single Post
      10-16-2021, 02:08 PM   #2
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks1 View Post
Hey gang... I have 230i on order (no allocation yet) and disappointed to hear HUD being removed from non M BMWs for all models & not just the New 2 Series. I really want HUD & this could be my last new sporty car.

I spec my 230i RWD to be similar to M240ix with M Sports Pkg, 19" wheels + Premium & Shadow Line along with HK audio. I compared vs M240ix and difference in price is ~ $7k, and yes I know $2k linked to the AWD. Therefore that means spending $5k for V6 turbo vs the 4 Turbo, can't find any other difference.

That said, how does the BMW ix drive behave vs RWD on same vehicle?? I hear it has RWD bias plus quicker 0-60 but of course I am not racing. Vehicle might also stick better into corners, but ix also adds weight and ~ 3 MPG penalty on Highway. Is the ix drive worth 2k for those of us in the SouthEast USA? Coldest temps this vehicle will ever see are in the 40s. Therefore is the IX drive worth the $2k BMW charges??

love to hear opinions & experiences... thanks as I am toying with changing my build order
If you’re not the kind of driver who pushes the car to its limits you’ll likely not notice the difference between Xdrive and RWD in the SE other than the X being more sure footed when it rains. The M240i will feel a bit calmer and stable due to its added weight and be slightly less agile.

The question you should ask is if the M240i overall is worth the $7k. IMO it is. The B58TU alone make it worth the extra. It’s a completely different beast than the engine in the 230i. Huge gap in the M240i favor.
Appreciate 0