View Single Post
      10-17-2021, 06:01 PM   #15
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks1 View Post
Solstice.. I live in S Carolina so zero need for AWD other than faster 0-60 time.

The 240i would only be $5k higher for me if not IX drive.. But no RWD drive for another 10 months. But does the M Sports Differential help with dry road cornering & grip or waste of $1,300?? and don't add to my 230i Build
Both AWD and the M Sports differential help with dry road cornering and grip but you need to push the car to the limits of a non M differential car before you see the advantages with that diff. For most drivers on a good tire like Michelin Pilot 4S that limit is high on 245s. If you plan to track the car on a circuit or the strip the M diff is essential. If not and you aren’t an aggressive canyon carver I’m not sure you’ll ever need it. Though If you like to gun it onto the hwy from the apex of a hairpin onn ramp, well make sure to tick this option

Also if you like to drive with DSC fully off…it could potentially save your bacon in some situations. I would never recommend doing that, BMWs DSC is a wonder.

Last edited by solstice; 10-17-2021 at 06:07 PM..
Appreciate 0