11-19-2022, 01:06 PM   #10
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
You’d be wrong in my case.

I don’t think it’s about getting people to buy “on a whim”. Enthusiasts come in well-educated about the products to see cars in person that are almost never actually at dealerships. Most are not in a position to buy, but they absolutely may be in the future, and are still valuable in the short term as word-of-mouth vectors. And, for qualified buyers, it’s another high-quality touch point in a lengthy sales cycle.

You cannot dismiss a channel where people literally pay to see your marketing.

The real issue is that today’s brand marketer is addicted to data and hard-mapped customer journeys and anything without conversion attribution as good as Google Ads or Facebook Ads is out of vogue. They will be back.
With large autoshows costing hundreds of thousands of dollars to rent space and equip and staff the booth, they would need the profit from hundreds of car sales to make it worthwhile. I'm sure the few sales that are just influenced by the presence at the show are not worthwhile.

From an IT perspective, a company I worked for in the past attended trade shows sporadically over the years, with the conclusion that the years we attended had no influence on sales volume and leads generated vs the years we didn't attend, just that we had an extra expense the years we paid for show booths. The main benefit was networking with peers, but that could be done at conferences where we didn't have any booth presence.
Appreciate 2
T_U_D6679.50
GC_F8024.00