04-22-2023, 06:26 PM   #11
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Is this like Underworld or Twilight or some other vampire flick....how does one get *stronger* w age? Shouldn't it generally be in someone's 20s and 30s, then it's all downhill from there, unless someone's a genetic freak-of-nature?

I'm not a gymrat at all but I find it fascinating that some of you guys lift crazy amounts. I mean, to look good and to be fit/healthy, for sure, but there's gotta be a certain limit, right? To go beyond that, what's the pt, especially to the pt of injury?! Are you guys trying out for Mr Universe? Some wt lifting contest? Auditioning to be the next Hulk?
My mind is much stronger which allows me to lift more. As mentioned, I also have much better endurance and have dialed in my diet and supplements considerably better now. I feel a lot happier and calmer after I lift heavy, which helps me in many aspects of my life, and I might be slightly on the genetic freak side, but not by much. I don't think 43 is old anymore, but we'll see what I'm saying at 53 . Oh and challenging myself in the gym I find highly rewarding and fun. I know there are plenty of guys on here that are older and lift much much heavier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0