///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingray View Post
If you think 4wd cars can't have incredible driving dynamics go drive a Porsche 911 4S.

If you think 4wd isn't necessary launch a 911 4S then rwd S.

Point to point in the full range of real world conditions and maximising performance especially when putting down over 450hp to everything except a drag strip 4wd is superior.

Yes a 911 is an outlyer and must 4wd cars paddle in feel to the rwd counterparts. But if anyone can get it cost in execution to Porsche its BMW and the G42 is proof that they're getting there. Feasible to think they could really pull it off with the full fat M2 with xdrive.

Regardless, BMW should give us, the buyer, the enthusiast, the choice to configure a manual rwd ultimate feel "drivers car" or a fully auto xdrive ultimate performance "drivers car" and not cut choice purely to force one segment to buy a pricier 3 or 4 series purely to pick the drivetrain configuration that caters to their specific wants and needs. Hell, I'd pay M3/M4 prices for an M2 in the exacting Spec I wanted anyway purely because I don't need the big back seats, the grill is ass ugly and the 4inch shorter and slightly lighter chassis dynamic of the M2 is in my mind, BMW's current generation ultimate driving machine.
It's a business decision

The BMW board of directors is the one who makes the choice regardless of what we might want