Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Oh, you sweet summer child. Let me guess, they also choose build a German car in Mexico because they like tacos, right?

I'm sure their shareholders just love that "ethos" omission for their pocketbook.

As you mentioned, let's just agree to disagree and move on.
It's not the same fender. This one's much wider than the G42 fender.

While I agree that they're probably holding back some things for the M2C/LCI refresh, I don't think the lack of embellishments on the front fender has anything to do with cutting costs.

The G87 shares as few parts with the G42 as the F87 Comp did with the F22. And OG shouldn't even be in the discussion, that was not much more than an excellent-handling M235i.

I don't see any egregious cost-cutting; on the contrary, I think they overdelivered. Recall that BMW made you buy a $85k+ CS last time to get this much F80/82 hardware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I didn't know that, I just assume it was the same as the G42 hood. That changes my point of view on the subject. My bad..
No worries. In fact, I think it's the other way around - BMW and M pushed down a lot of typically M-exclusive and 3/4-Series hardware to the non-M 2-Series this time. M mirrors, M hood, CLAR chassis, M Sport seats (some regions), puffed fenders, 3/4 Series iDrive 7 and 8, full-size HUD ... seems to me like they prioritized lifting the average to make a better product to sell more cars/acquire more customers rather than lowering the average to increase margins at the cost of customer satisfaction.

BTW, the F87 also shared its hood with the F22.
I love to witness reason prevail.
Appreciate 1
02M3ForMe4264.50