View Single Post
      08-07-2022, 02:08 PM   #131
Ricochet48
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 RSX-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by soflacarguy View Post
We've seen the ID8 haters exaggerate a bit, but the level of exaggeration in this post tops everything I've read so far lol.

1. Higher resolution is dependent on the "faster" processor because ID8 running efficiently will require more computing power. That doesn't mean ID8 will actually run "faster" than ID7. It comes down to the coding and resource efficiency when dealing with computing. A non boomer should understand this.
Has to have a faster processor based on all the videos posted. The only valid complaint aside from aesthetics I've heard is the AC controls. I almost never use that and you can have it locked on the bottom of the screen it seems.

Quote:

2. Much higher resale value is laughable. This isn't an LCI. In 3-4 years a '22 G42 with a proper stick and dash integrated cockpit will be much more scarce, and likely garner similar resale at the very least compared to '23's or even '24's. Now if we get an LCI with an ID8 nicely integrated into the dash among other updates- all 1st gen g42's will take a hit in resale.
It absolutely will. Younger people like big curved screens. Out with the lads last night and all but 1 preferred the new setup

Quote:

3. Iphone 4 vs Iphone 6? Choosing these 2 obsolete devices for your comparison actually sounds like a boomer's metaphor quite frankly. Iphone 8 to Iphone X would've made more sense with the move to face id and home button removal lol
My last iPhone was a 4 when they were the best option, so that's where I naturally started the comparison. Have only used androids since (starting with the S2 Skyrocket the first to have LTE on ATT) as I actually care about tech performance. No tech dudes actually use iPhones, they are for instagram gals.

Quote:

4. My favorite perhaps, is the reference to parents who prefer to drive a 15 year old MDX over a 100k MB. It was here when I knew your post must be a troll. Nonetheless I enjoyed replying back.
? This is just a fact m8. My parents are absolutely terrible with tech and hate their MB. They love that they don't even have to lock their MDX. Taking a $100K MB to Chicago is just asking for trouble.

Quote:

Im a Techie, I work in Tech, and I love cars. Im all for better graphics and higher resolution, but it's the dash integration that bugs me most. I do have a deposit on a G87 and my issue is not with the software that is ID8 or the bigger curved screen - I think it might actually be pretty cool - its the way its slapped on the dash I dislike. Not a deal killer though. I'm willing to give it a shot.

If you're a "techie" you likely want the best tech. You are just claiming you prefer a look. So you care much more about looks than tech specs. That's fine, but the opposite of what most techies would prefer.
Appreciate 1
eddj464.50