MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
I get what you're saying, but I've worked in technology for many years and have never been intimidated by it. I have to adapt more than most people since technology is constantly evolving and I'm always learning, training, getting certified, etc. But that also means I have a very good perspective on things and just because you throw more technology at something doesn't always make it better. The most recent car example I can think of are the digital gauges. When I purchased my last car, I had the option of getting a digital cluster or analog. I choose the later because I love the simplicity of analog gauges and IMO they provide all the information and functionality I require. The center part is still digital and so is the infotainment, it's a perfect hybrid of info and tech. Most everyone else at the time was opting for a digital cluster. Fast forward now and most people prefer analog to digital because they are timeless, they are real dials, there's really no downside and they are just plain cool.

I'm sure EVs will be great and evolve over time to do things we only dreamed of, but some experiences will get lost along the way. Maybe younger people won't care about it since they never experienced it in the first place and so they can't relate. But I can still see a car show well into the future where an old school car is on display, and they pop open the hood and fire it up. People will stare in amazement at the mechanical nature of its engine as it idles. As they rev the engine people will start to swarm over to catch a glimpse and their faces will light up from [...]
You Sir, should run for President

Common sense is so rare these days, and you demonstrate so much of it in a single post than most folks do in a lifetime

You have my vote