View Single Post
      01-14-2023, 05:18 PM   #59
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3macster View Post
"EV's will... do things we only dreamed of..." Um, what exactly are you dreaming?
I want ICE cars to remain around just as much as most of us here do but that doesn't mean I'm going to put my head in the sand and pretend an EV can do things an ICE car can't. I'll point out a few things I can dream of off the top of my head.

If you have a dedicated EV motor at each wheel it negates the need for an LSD and AWD system. You also don't need an axle which means you can literally do whatever you want with each wheel like adjusting caster, camber and toe as part of your different M modes for street, track, etc. You can also do crazy things like rotate the drivers wheels in one direction while the passengers in the opposite and the entire car will pivot on the center of its wheelbase like a tank. Sure, sounds crazy and pointless, but you can do it. Or how about crab walking like the Hummer EV does? Those are just a few things off the top of my head, if I thought about it long enough, I could come up with a lot more.
Appreciate 1