08-16-2019, 05:29 AM   #27
Apollocs
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 340i Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotgc View Post
Good write up, surprised by your comments re the S3 VS 440i.

The wife has an S3 sportback and I have a 440i, I love getting into the S3 it has much more of a sense of occasion, it's louder, feels quicker (Certainly is in this crappy weather), has a much sportier feeling and imo has a more modern cabin than the 4 series, nappa leather is much nicer than rhino Hyde & virtual cockpit is awesome!

Don't get me wrong the 440i is a great cruiser that does thrill when you want.

I had a 335d before the 440i, effortless / quick, mile muncher but got bored of it....

Just my two pence..

Edit.... just read your car has MPPSK - that will be the difference !
Appreciate it is your opinion but I am going to have to say that I don't agree with much of the above.

The S3 is really no sportier feeling and as much a "point and shoot" car as the 340/440, only without the potential to have fun with the rear drive and minus the 6 pot soundtrack!

I would only rate the A3/S3 cabin as about equal to the 1/2 series (fancy seats aside) which is natural as they are in the same market segment. The virtual cockpit does nothing for me and looks like a video game. Much prefer a nice plain set of analogue dials when pressing on. Same with the flat bottom wheel, not a fan.

The Nappa may be better than 'Rhino' hide, but there was always the option of Merino which is easily as nice. Also, as far as I know you couldn't spec a full leather dash and interior on the Audi. Definitely not as plush looking as fully specced 3/4 series
Attached Images

Appreciate 0