View Single Post
      10-26-2021, 11:14 AM   #7
.Slug
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightngsvt View Post
If you don't mind me asking, why did you sell your M2C after only 2 months? Cant imagine the new M240i would be better than that car.
I have a few reasons. When I originally purchased it, my wife was going to take the time to learn manual. After one attempt, she decided it wasn't for her. I love driving manual, but didn't find the same pleasure I thought I would in the California traffic after about 2 months. I think if I got the DCT, I might still be driving it.

I was spending $20 a day on gas just for my work commute. (M240i should be slightly better, maybe 1/3rd better).

Had a C8 allocation which always had me second guessing the decision for the M2C. But now I'm also over the C8 and canceled my allocation today as well for that.

I didn't care for how anal I was about keeping the M2C in good condition (paint etc). It was stressing me out and with young kids it was a constant stressor for me. I don't think I'll be as anal about the M240i because its not as collectible etc.

My M2C actually had a perceived issue that BMW couldn't figure out or fix, had spent a couple visits trying to diagnose (in shop for over a week). They could replicate the issue, but couldn't figure it out. I really didn't want to continually deal with that.

With the car market the way it is, I basically was able to get out of the car at a loss of only $2K. So, I got driving the M2C out of my system and will now get into something a little more practical and easy to drive.

Also, the M240i is a planned temporary replacement. Long term, I will go full electric, probably late next year or in 2023.

I'm a car guy and like trying out different cars. Expensive "hobby" but its just how I roll. Hell, this afternoon I'm going to drive the new Mazda EV as well. We'll see how that goes.
Appreciate 3