05-05-2022, 07:20 PM   #31
EXE46
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD Aka New E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Upon writing my last reply I was reminded that I need to watch my language around the forum regarding what an "M" model is. Some people really get bent out of shape and offended if you dare refer to the performance models as 'M-Lite', 'not a full M' or 'not a real M car'. Never mind that BMW refers to them in the same manner as you can see for yourself in the aforementioned video clip above for instance as well as in this clip "...because there is no real M7" - Domagoj Dukec, BMW Head of Design. These same people disregard the fact that everyone from automotive journalists to YouTube influencers also refer to these models the same way.

To the pious amongst us, holding such a thought means you are a terrible person who frowns on non-M cars and should be called out. All of this of course is based on biases and conjecture.
Of course they're M-lite lol. I happen to own one, can't believe someone would be offended by that. Are you sure you didn't post on a Lexus forum. Speak anything less than high praise about a Lexi and you're chastised and given a warning. Let's hope this fora doesn't emulate that space.