United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlecoupe View Post
Are you able to comment on these two settings:

- Eco_Conf_Steering_Comfplus > Aktiv
- Eco_Conf_Attenuation_Comfpl > Aktiv

I get the other comfort plus options relate to suspension damping. Is comfort plus steering even lighter than standard comfort steering? And what is attenuation? I assume these can be not set to active if not wanted? I have no desire for the steering to be any lighter.
To my understanding, these 2 lines of code allow you to select Comfort Plus options when configuring your Eco Individual settings in iDrive. I don’t believe these settings are required but most guides suggest coding them.

I notice that you have to turn the wheel slightly more with Comfort Plus steering, for example, when taking a corner at speed on the highway. It doesn’t feel any lighter but slightly more input is required. In my opinion it feels like the steering is less sensitive to input. The plus side of this being that you need to micro-correct slightly less to stay on center when cruising for a long ride on the highway.

My overall opinion of Comfort Plus is very positive. Noticeably softer suspension but almost to the point where it feels unsettling when taking corners at speed (I suffer from the “rear suspension thump” issue but almost never hear it with C+). Shifting is also slightly different, smoother as it hold gears slightly longer instead of trying to be as efficient as possible. Trans also decouples from the engine when stopped so you don’t feel drivetrain vibration
Appreciate 0